Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Poem 134 - The road to heaven?


On the road, silent footsteps, walking on mud-dirtying my shoes
Shoelaces covered with mud, tied very loose
Silence creeps around me everywhere
The smell of rain fills the dark evening air

Seems to be a never ending road, walk doesn't end
To this road no bird, no person, no life seems to attend
No life on the road, a fear... is this road fully dead?
I felt dizzy, I felt scared, I clutched my head

Where was this road going to lead me...lead me to god's own place?
A spot of light - to there I did race
I ran there saw god formed in the now sudden clouds, he lifted me
Finally, in heaven? Yes it is god's kingdom that I did see
-Gaurang Rao

1 comment:

  1. "Where was this road going to lead me...lead me to god's own place?"

    I loved the entire poem, but that line struck me. Very beautiful, the question of where this road leads. Very much a road worth walking.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if possible. All comments are appreciated. Thanks for your support.