Monday, October 8, 2012

Poem 200 - The Lady

A scream, as I walk through the woods
My bag full of medicines and other goods
And I bravely went towards the scream on the heavenly lane
For it was a scream not of joy or anger, but filled with pain
I saw a cottage, pretty strange to be in the middle of nowhere, I went there all the same
I knocked, wondering whether I should retreat my steps, for no one came
That's when I heard a pain filled groan from behind the door
I opened the door, for I could wait no more
And you want to know what I saw in there?
A poor, sick lady sobbing in her chair
I touched her head and I knew she had fever
Taking some medicine I made her swallow it, for I could not leave her
And now whenever I pass the cottage, I always stop for tea
Yes, she's fine again, a bit of kindness saved her you see?
-Gaurang Rao

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet story...
    a bit of a fairy tale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, a bit of kindness will save us all! Good sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice story ... loved it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this is incredibly sweet ... a lesson to be learned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to see a story with a happy ending, a beautifully written poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite a story you made out of the prompt - interesting...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if possible. All comments are appreciated. Thanks for your support.