Monday, July 1, 2013

Poem 248 - The Wheel


I was walking in, these woods, one day
When between some plants I noticed something lay
Would you believe it? It was a metal wheel so old
Today, it might be worth quite a bit of gold
So heavy, I couldn't lift the wheel
So to look at it, I had to kneel
So old, so huge must be from a war tank I had a guess
But it could be from one of the oldest carts no less
The oldness deduced from the amount of rust
I was the first one to touch it in some time, said the wheel's dust
I decided to let it lay there - for a few centuries probably
After all it was of no use to me
~Gaurang Rao

4 comments:

  1. very nice poem- love the tempo and rhyming

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the whimsy at the end. Thanks for playing M.M.P.P. again, Guarang!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my pleasure Bubba! Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if possible. All comments are appreciated. Thanks for your support.