Saturday, December 28, 2013

Poem 288 - The Current Youth

Image link here

It seems, we are the future, is it true?
And what are we supposed to do? I have no clue
Questions or riddles actually and I'm answer-less
If we are the future, the world might be a mess
With this generation, I have to cooperate?
And you expect us to wake up earlier than half-past eight?
And by telling me that we - the youth are the future makers, nice joke I say
We'll destroy it not create I'll bet any day
This generation, where technology has overtaken studies
And reading books is not as important as "hanging out" with 'buddies'
Will we change you think? I feel hopeless
We really seem to be in quite a big mess
Hopefully this will all be a big lie
I'm pretty sure you don't need to ask me 'why?'
~Gaurang Rao

Written as a part of - http://www.theme-thursday.com/

1 comment:

  1. Well, unfortunately it is all true. And worse than you fear. Happy New Year! :-(

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if possible. All comments are appreciated. Thanks for your support.